Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day off!  Spent baking and cleaning. . . Baking fun, cleaning not!
Made a pan of brownies, a turtle cheese cake, a giant cookie, and banana bars.  The banana bars aren't great.  :(  I tried  a new recipe and it seems thin and doesn't have a lot of flavor and the icing has white chocolate chips in it and they didn't melt very good.  UGH.  Will either try it again or re-work the recipe.  I like the concept but not the taste. ;-)


Also started 3 gallon of sweet pickles.  They take 7 days from start to finish.  Day one is fairly easy, wash them, cut the ends, cut them in chunks, pack them in gallon jars (or crocks if you have them), cover with water, and add a cup of salt.
For supper I made parmasean chicken. . . Because of time I cut it in chunks instead of baking whole chicken breasts.  Then coated them in butter and put them in a bag of crunched up corn flakes and parmasean cheese.  Poured it in a baking dish poured the leftover butter on it and baked it at 400 for 20 or so minutes.  With the chicken I made new potatoes and green beans.  YUMMO!
To make them I simmered my beans for a little while (10 minutes?) because they seem to take a while to cook.  Then drained them and put them aside while I cooked a few pieces of bacon and some onion.  Then I added the potatoes and the beans back in the pan and stirred them around good, added some salt and pepper and a little water to keep them from sticking to the bottom.  Cooked them for 15 or so minutes (until the potatoes were tender) and gobbled them up!

Saturday is my 2nd Women's Only Introduction to Firearms. . . Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment