Monday, July 4, 2011

Chocolate Gravy!

I woke up this morning thinking about my Granma Carolyn and her chocolate gravy!  She would make me either homemade biscuits, ham, and chocolate gravy *or* homemade waffles when I stayed the night with her and grandpa, which was OFTEN!  I miss her but am so glad for the memories!  So, I decided on breakfast this morning of homemade biscuits, ham, chocolate gravy, and an omelet for J (he isn't a big gravy fan).  She would always fry eggs for Grandpa Bill and also make white gravy. . .
This is how it'd done folks!  Open the biscuits and put a chunk of *real* butter on each piece and pour on the gravy!  Serve it with some ham steak and chow down!  I even served breakfast this morning on my Granma's dishes!  These are the only dishes in my cabinets that I am 100% attached to and I have at least 15 sets of dishes!  I love serving food on them that Granma use to make!  I just wish some of it was as good as I remember hers being!  I miss you Granma but I will see you again one day!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Missy-you forgot the recipe for the gravy. I'm assuming it's not jello pudding gravy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Betty it was not chocolate pudding but I don't really have a recipe, it's just done by feel. I took some pics as I was doing it so maybe I'll try to write it up in a day or two. :D

    ReplyDelete