Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Why I love summer!

 This is an Orange Glo watermelon, the best watermelon ever!  It is super sweet and YUMMY!
 This is how we eat it.  We slice it open on the counter and dig in, after it has been refrigerated to a super cold temperature. 
J gets half, with his utensil of choice, a spoon, and I get half with my choice utensil, a fork.  Why do I love doing this?  It reminds me of summer at my great grandparents house!  My grandpa would slice open a few watermelons and grandma would bring us a pile of forks and we'd all dig in.  There was anywhere from 5 - 50 of us (or so it seemed), and it was an amazing fun time!  Love the memories!  I so wish we had digital cameras way back then so that I could have pics of all the fun times there, like the flour sack filled with hay we used as a swing and crawdad fishing in the pond behind the house. . . .

Below are some other fun summer stuff. .  .
Fresh sheets on the line! 
 Frogs in the pond. . .
 Baby calves playing in the field. . .
 Kaci taking a dip in the pond. . .
 Cows chasing Kaci outta the pond. . .
 Cows also enjoying the pond. . .
Well, this has nothing to do with summer but it was taken in the summer.  Yeah, that's me, trying to take a pic of me with my cowboy hat and cowboy revolvers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment