Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's been a great Thanksgiving day for me!  I am so thankful for all the blessings God has provided! 
We went to J's grandparents, they live about 2 hours from us, for lunch.  We got there about 9 and had a very light breakfast, biscuits, homemade blackberry jelly and pumpkin roll, then R and I helped Grandma in the kitchen.  It is a huge blessing to be able to cook next to someone with so much experience, even though she is getting older and taking a lot of short cuts it's still fun!  (R, I'm not talking about you, even though it was fun cooking with you too and hiding our laughs)  The rest of J's family got there and we visited and finished cooking, had lunch at 11:30 and had a good visit around the table!  After lunch and dishes J's sisters put up Grandma's Christmas tree, with the help of their dad, while Grandma, my wonderful Mother-In-Law and I watched, oh and J and Grandpa took a nap! 
My favorite part of the day.  We were packing up to leave and J's Grandma said, "Well, lets pray before you leave."  That is awesome and it gave me chills!  It is so great having someone to pray with you and for you and praying as a family is even better! 
We drove back home, I helped J with chores.  Now we're sitting on the couch watching football.  Again, it's been a great Thanksgiving Day!!!  Thank you Lord for you blessings!  Thank you for a wonderful husband and family to spend time with!

No comments:

Post a Comment